I’ve been experimenting again since it’s grilling season and tonight I came up with this marinade. I am dubbing it the zesty steak seasoning marinade because its slightly sweet with a lot of zip from the spice. I can’t wait to see how the steak tastes after sitting in this marinade for a few hours because it was tasty enough to keep sampling!
Zesty Steak Seasoning Marinade
- 1 T steak seasoning + 1 tsp. steak seasoning (probably just about any kind will do)
- 1/2 tsp. leaf oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 T garlic powder
- 3 turns ground peppercorn (from a peppercorn grinder) or about 1/2 T ground pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar (any kind, I used stevia extract)
- 1/2 tsp. sage (rubbed)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T honey mustard (used Ken’s)
- 2 T BBQ sauce (any kind, I used Big Rick’s)
- 1/4 cup water
Mix ingredients in a blender/food processor adding water last. Mix for 1 minute. Check taste. If too salty/garlicky, add sugar by 1/2 tsp. and blend for an additional 30-45 seconds. You do want it to be a strong flavor as it is a marinade.
Refrigerate until ready. Marinate steak/chicken for 4-8 hours prior to grilling.
Probably marinates about 1-2 lbs of steak/chicken.